Monday, March 14, 2011

Thirsty? What way will you tilt?

It seems that many of my stories I share with people involve either me running, or at running events.  This case is no different.  It was after the last race a couple of my teammates and I were cooling down.  For those of you who are not runners, cooling down means to release the lactic acid that has built up in the legs.  For those of you who don't like terms such as "lactic acid," it simply is getting rid of that tight feeling.  Good, that is cleared up.

We were jogging down this carpeted hallway, when this drinking fountain looked rather appealing.  I stopped.  The teammates I was running with stopped.  I bent over, and tilted my head to the left.

"Whoa!, it's on the left side!  Isn't the water spigot usually on the right?!"

I feel like the majority of water fountains I've used in my short lifetime have had the spigots on the right side, so I was rather excited to see this one accommodated for the left-handed thinkers. 

"Brittany!  Sarah!  Isn't this weird?"

They really didn't care about what side they tilted their head toward to get some water.  I walked away rather pleased not only because I was no longer thirsty, but because I realized the world is striving for equality in water bubblers.. kind of.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting observation. I'll have to keep an eye out for this kind of detail when I'm out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But when you are so use to drinking water from the right it just doesn't taste as good on the left. :)

    ReplyDelete