Sunday, February 6, 2011

Minor Debachels

I run track for NMU.  This weekend we had a meet down at Stevens Point, Wisconsin.  Because of the small indoor track facility, the distance running team was encouraged to warm up for the race outside.  I grabbed my ipod touch and headed outside with my teammate Chelsea.  Without thinking, I put my ipod touch armband on my left arm.  "Shoot."  I proceeded to take if off the left arm and put it on my right arm.  It was a weird feeling.  After that decision, I realized the ipod touch is designed for the right handed individual!  One has to hold and slide this bar from left to right.  Not an easy task especially while running. 

One more item that I've really noticed being designed for the right-handed individual is a floss container.  Try to remove floss from the spool container with your left hand.  Yeah, that's what I thought, not an easy task.  Flossing daily was one of my new year's resolutions, so I'm not going to stray from it simply because the retrieval of floss is now more difficult.  From running with an ipod to flossing teeth, I am definitely realizing that this left handed business is harder than I thought.  Give me time, and I'll master it.  Luckily, I have the rest of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This must be so hard, I can't even imagine. I think the toughest thing, at least for me would be to write with my left hand. How do you do it!?

    ReplyDelete