Sunday, April 3, 2011

Let's Be Real

I've begun to realize that no matter what I tell myself, I am a right-handed individual.

When crossing my legs, it is totally unnatural for me to cross my left leg over my right leg.  I can't operate a curling iron quite as well as my right hand.  And I've truly discovered how the world is really favoring the right-handed folks.

For example, take a picture.  Take a picture as in, hold the camera and press a button.  Please notice that the button in on the right side of the camera.  Hmm.  Also, please look at a computer's keyboard.  Notice that there is only one 'enter' key, and it is on the right side. 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds global. I think there needs to be an international group fighting for the rights of left handed people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lefty and I agree with this post- the world is made for right handed folks- but I do appreciate you giving it a try for the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and a notebook: the binding gets in the way of someone who is left-handed. Also, a car, shifter is normally on the right side.

    This world has picked the right-handed person over the left-handed person.. just imagine if it was the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really cool how you mention the everyday things that most people wouldn't think about unless they were left handed, or trying to be. Like the camera thing. I've never thought about that but it's so true.

    ReplyDelete